Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fresh Figs


Here is a fig tree - we have two of them in our backyard.



A fig the birds got to first....it's a constant battle!

Fresh off the tree - rinse off, split open from the bottom, & enjoy. Mmmmmm! Yum, yum, Delicious! I'd never eaten fresh figs before - only dried ones. Fresh are so much better and more tasty!

They are much smaller than I had imagined they would be. Perhaps because they were not sprayed or anything, but it did not affect the taste! They are packed with a sweet flavor.


Only the kids would think of something like this!!!!!!!

Joy sprinkled her rice & little fishies

from her breakfast bowl on top!

I said "Yuck!"

She said "Yummy!"


Jesse joined her as well, but then was also creative and

skewered his last fig with a chopstick and ate it on a stick.


I have lots of pictures I want to share with you, but these are the most recent. I hope to have a bit of extra time in the coming days to post more pictures of our work here and some pictures of when I was back in the States.

No comments:

Who Came

Followers

Around the World