~ ~ Home, school, and travel tales of the Kinsinger family from 2008-2010 while living in South Korea and then Japan. In 2014, the family returned to VietNam for a visit to the children's native country and shares about their trip. ~ ~
Sunday, August 31, 2014
VietNam Through My Eyes-Part 1
Greetings,
My name is James Kinsinger. I am 15 years old and I was adopted when I was 5 months old. I like to play basketball and soccer. I have both travelled and lived in many different states and countries. When my parents told me that we were going to take a trip to VietNam a little over two years ago, I wasn't sure what to think about going back at first. However, I and my family are very excited to go, and here we are ready to leave in about a week. It has been amazing to see how this trip has come together with planning and God's blessings. Many people have been willing to help out with this trip and it has helped fund this trip. One thing that I do not look forward to in VietNam is the heat and even worse, the humidity. I am a person who would rather have -40 degree Fahrenheit weather than have it 90 degrees with a 93-95% humidity. One thing that I do look forward to is experiencing Asian culture again. I do look forward to seeing how Vietnamese culture differs from that of the Koreans and the Japanese.
I also look forward to flying over to Japan and VietNam on the airplane. In my 15 years of living with my parents, I have been up in the cockpit of the aircraft with the pilots in it, I have flown an airplane through a professional flight simulator that pilots practice in, I have flown an airplane by myself except with some assistance from the pilot to land and takeoff, and lastly, I have flown in first class for 45 minutes.
Ever since I was little, I have always admired the power and size of civilian aircraft. I used to want to be an aircraft pilot. However, when I was in eighth grade, my science teacher introduced me to nuclear science. I took an interest to it and I think that is where my career field will be. I first and foremost want to be a physician of cancer treatment. If you do not know much about this career, you may be asking what this career has to do with nuclear science. Nuclear medicine, which is one of the techniques used for cancer treatment, uses radioactive substances to diagnose and treat disease. When a patient comes in to be diagnosed, the clinician positions a PET (positron emission tomography) scanner near the patient so that the scanner can take images of the patient's body. The nuclear medicine physician diagnoses the patient based on the images taken by the gamma camera or the PET scanner. This is the job of a nuclear medicine physician in 3-4 sentences. I would have to go to a 4-year university, then I would go to a medical school, and lastly, I would go to a clinic for three years of a residency to gain experience in the profession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
James, I didn't know you are interested in Nuclear Medicine. I was a Nuclear Medicine technician for many years and did the tests that you described in your post. If you ever want to talk about it or ask me any questions, let me know. Love you,
Pam Y
Post a Comment