Wow! What a big surprise!! When John came home from school today, he had a box with him. It was a package from our church in Illinois and I peeked and saw on the customs form that it contained "craft stickers, letters, and door hangers." We decided to open it before supper and then supper got really delayed once we saw what was in the box! It was like Christmas! Lots of fun crafts from VBS and lots and lots of cards to open and read!! The kids first attacked and popped the sheet of bubble wrap and then plopped down on our bed to read all their cards.
I got a picture of them before curling up to read all of my own cards to John & I. I was laughing and crying through them all. This was such an unexpected surprise and blessing! It was nice to read about all the little tidbits in your lives there. We were much encouraged by your thoughtful letters and the reminder of your prayers. I must admit that I was personally encouraged to hear some of you write that you have enjoyed the blog...sometimes it's been hard keeping it up because I wasn't sure if anyone was reading it. So, thank you! I needed that encouragement! The picture of everyone at VBS holding the "we miss you" signs was so nice! To think that you went to that much effort to show how much you care! If someone reading this blog can please let everyone know how very thankful we are to you, we'd be very appreciative! As I sit writing this, the kids have finished reading all their letters and have gone out to play, proudly wearing their new visor hats that were in the box. They said to tell everyone "A BIG Hi and thank-you!!!" I'm sure those letters will be re-read more than once over the coming days! And since Aunt Kendra is coming in just 11 more days (the kids are keeping track!), they said that some of the crafts will be "wonderful fun" to do with her when she arrives!
I had something interesting to share with you today, but I think I'll save it for another rainy day...we're having plenty of those right now! I don't want to take away from this special entry about our exciting package we got today! (Thank you, Elizabeth, for sending it over!)
No comments:
Post a Comment