Here are a couple pictures from a Wednesday when James & I go into Seosan to the library. It was pouring one day and I was so tempted not to attempt it. But amazingly, rain simply does not slow down the Koreans! Just get out your umbrella and keep going! In the second picture you can see a bunch who were waiting for the bus...
That Saturday morning before I left to pick up Kendra, they repaved our road. It was old, terribly cracked up, and broken cement. But, it wasn't nice at first because the blacktop was all sticky which got our shoes a gooed-up tar-ry mess walking on it.(are those English words???) So when I left for Kendra, I walked as much as possible on the tiny bit of grass along it. How do these construction vehicles compare to the States?
Now to pictures when Kendra was here:
The whole first week Kendra was here, it rained, rained, rained. Sometimes it was nice in the morning, so we'd rush to wash a batch of laundry and try to get it hung out to dry. But, we were never successful, and after washing the same load 3 times(when it doesn't dry out, it just starts getting moldy-smelling from the humidity) and having a heaping laundry basket to wash yet, we decided to turn on the heat and lay everything out on the floor. Imagine 80-90 degree weather with high humidity and turning the heat on high!!! But the heat actually kind of dried out the house for awhile. This was what you would have encountered in our house that day:
Not only is it hard enough to walk through the house or "pass" without bumping into another, now we had to negotiate the laundry strewn all over the floor. We tried to make a pathway for the main way to the kitchen, but let's just say it's a good thing shoes are forbidden in the house since I can't count how many times the laundry simply just got stepped on. We had a lot of laughs trying to negotiate around each other or backing up to let another pass through before being able to move forward ourselves...we needed traffic lights! :) It was a good thing that the church had all-day VBS that day, so John & the kids were away most of the day which certainly helped matters. Kendra and I had a "Settler's Day", lounging on the couch & chairs to stay off the hot floor.
Here are a couple stray pictures ~ Kendra's delight with the cakes here...and her fascination with the cleaning-up at the school cafeteria.
I'm thinking that I will close for this blog and do each event in chuncks. Otherwise this will grow to such proportions that no one will dare sit long enough to read it without getting a backache!!!
1 comment:
Hi Wanda,
Speaking of liking Asian cakes, it looks like Korean cakes are similar to Japanese cakes--lots of fruit! Akihiro bought me a slice for my birthday and it had some awesome peaches inside. Sounds like you are busy! Sometime, you can email me a good time to skype you. (carrie@ito3.name)
Carrie Ito
Post a Comment