Monday, April 27, 2009

A Bird's Eye View

Today we had a lot of fun right in the parking lot. We scrounged around the apartment to find something other than our big airy beachball. Then we went down to the parking lot and played 500 with a tennis ball and no mitts. I threw to the kids. Their score depended on the number of bounces the ball made before catching the ball. After an hour of that, it evolved into Keep Away. Girls against boys. We learned that Mommy is pretty fast with the ball and pretty sneaky too; and that James really gets his funnybone tickled in a game and it hampers his playing ability. We learned that Joy is a real go-getter and can catch that ball pretty good...and if she can't catch it, she'll run it to the death! And finally we learned that Jesse is a natural-born ball player. He's got a mean right arm and can throw second-only to Mommy. He also is a bull-dog...once he gets that ball in his arms against Joy, he won't let go for nothin'. We had to patch up a skinned elbow after he went down hard and rolling, but came up with that ball in his hand!

Here's a birds-eye view from our front door, looking over the edge. The kids now get part of their exercise by racing me up those steps on the left...all 198 of them. Yep, they run up'em while I run for the elevator. But it's so slow that one of these times, they're gonna beat me. But I can beat'em down those 198 steps! I had a lot of practice in France :-P Lol!

Anyway, the reason for the picture above was to try to capture the raindrops just starting to fall. The rain chased us from our playing "field" today. When we got to our door, we were able to watch the raindrops falling down, down, down to the pavement below and we thought it was pretty cool to watch. They actually look like little snowflakes drifting downward -- quite the opposite perception than when we looked up from below!

Incidentally, I was able to capture a person in the picture and it reminds me of something. All you PT's out there...if you thought observing gait patterns from a horizontal point of view was interesting, you ought to try it sometime from a directly vertical point of view. It gives people whole new gait pattern appearances! I laugh my head off sometimes and am duly impressed at others. The best thing is this strip of sidewalk directly below us that people walk to get to the elevator...it's the perfect observation strip. So beware if you come to visit and we're awaiting you're arrival from above...you might hear a chuckle!

Then, the sky was really turning dark & we could see a downpour up ahead. I flipped the camera switches to different settings to best catch the view, and on one of them it gave me this blue version. I think this was the "sunrise" setting. Obviously it's not sunrise, so I guess that's why it turned out like it did...

Finally, I turned the camera to the west and caught Wonju in a beautiful sunset.

What a nice evening to a great day and wonderful start to the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Glad you are enjoying my blog. Your kids are adorable....I love the video of the fish eating. Talk soon!

Ashlyn Heinold said...

Back to your food blog... We are amazed that you guys are eating those little fishies!!! I showed the kids and they were in awe! I guess we shouldn't knock them since we haven't tried them. They may be as delicious as you say:-)

Who Came

Followers

Around the World