Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Remembrance

Over the weekend, we received news that a friend who had been fighting with cancer over the past years passed from this life peacefully into the arms of Jesus. Ellen had always been such an Godly example and encouragement to me. She always had a positive attitude. Even when she was obviously in pain or was struggling with nausea from the treatments. Each time I talked with her, she always had a smile or at least attempted at one. The last time I saw her was in church before we left for Korea, and I wanted to ask her how she was doing. But instead, she wanted to talk about us--wishing us well and letting us know she would be praying for us as we traveled and lived abroad. Ellen was one of the kindest souls I've ever met. She was a wonderful friend, although I didn't know her long--just a couple years. Our children loved playing with Misha and though we've been gone a year, they clearly remember Ellen and her family. Our sympathy is with Ellen's family, and we also rejoice with them, knowing that she is with her dear Savior at last.....what a comfort and joy to know this while missing her so much on this earth!

No comments:

Who Came

Followers

Around the World