Tuesday, February 10, 2009

France: Day 4/5 - Countryside pics

December 31st, 2008

Kendra, Audrey, and I went to Audrey's apartment in Dijon for New Year's Eve. (yes, like the mustard!) Audrey tried to take us to the mall right by her house, but everything was closed down by 6:30pm!

We introduced Audrey to scrapbooking while she was in the U.S. and I was pleasantly surprised that she was keeping it up in France! There are now scrapbooking stores in France now. Quite a switch for the moment since she's the one scrapbooking now, and I'm not!




Kendra and Audrey in their matching pj's...we stayed up and had a wonderful night talking and talking and catching up with each other. We just talked right through the new year!

...and here's Simba! The renown international traveler!...from very young to America and back to France again...and from very fluffy to very worn ~ still the beloved-and-can-never-be-substituted bed companion! :)

In the morning, when Audrey "opened the shutters" to the morning, I caught sight of this woman walking home with her morning bread. I nearly tripped over myself running for the camera since this is not a sight I normally see! The last time I remember seeing something like this was in my history book...a picture of Benjamin Franklin walking down the street of Philadelphia with "two pennyloaf worth of bread."

January 1st, 2009

We headed back to Audrey's parents for a late New Year's Day traditional French meal. On the way, Audrey took us through a wine making town and we got a lot of country pictures. The day was a little overcast/foggy, but the pictures still came out pretty good.

Here are different road signs than we have in the U.S. - arrows to warn that your passing time is nearly up.

These funny looking trees were everywhere and Audrey said they are mistletoe trees.

Wine country: one of the warehouses where they make/bottle the wine.

...and another....

...and another!

Here is one of the vineyard's owner's homes...winemaking is a very affluent business.

A beautiful old house...

...and more vineyards!

...and churches....

...the time was 12:40pm

I thought this landscaping idea was pretty cool using old barrels.

This is how they mark signs when you are leaving a town...with a red line slashed through them.

And here are some road signs...Troyes (kind of pronounced "twha") was where we went shopping the day before.


Here is a common sight for stoplights...one light for the intersection, with a miniture light below since you cannot see the top light when you are the first one in line.

Going through the streets of Bar s/ Aube, Audrey's hometown:




Here's a meat market. I tried getting the bakery but it turned out too blurry.

...and, here we are! Back at her house in time for lunch! And boy, was it good!!! But I will need to blog that meal next time.

1 comment:

~Kendra :) said...

I think the country, with the vineyards, rolling hills, & cool old houses were def. the best views in France! So peaceful! Thanks again for blogging them!
~BB :)

Who Came

Followers

Around the World