Wednesday, February 11, 2009

France: Day 5 - New Year's Lunch

New Year's Day French Meal:

Kendra and I were very excited and had looked forward to this meal because we'd heard so much from Audrey about traditional French meals that last for 2-3 hours. I think this one lasted from 2-4pm. Savouring the delectable food while enjoying the tabletalk and slowly working through quite a few courses from appetizers to dessert.


Here's the table all set and ready!
Here's our lovely hostess all set & ready too!
And here are the guests (well, the pic only shows one of them!)...definitely all set and ready to eat!
Course 1: Sipping champagne and chatting about our new year's eve's events.

Course 2: Little mini hotdogs eaten communally with toothpicks.
Course 3: Olives stuffed with anchovies, eaten the same way.
Course 4: (which I thought was the main course but turned out to be the main hors d'oeuvres! -sp?) Smoked salmon served with bread, lemon, and butter to be made into open-faced sandwiches...butter the bread, squeeze on some lemon, put on a slice of salmon, then sprinkle again with lemon if desired. Yum! Very good...and the closest I've ever gotten to sushi and enjoying it!
Course 5: The main meal!!! ...Duck & mushrooms...
...egg casserole, baked tomatoes, and stuffed mushrooms...
...and green bean bundles and ham & cheese quiche!!!

Leaving my entre' plate looked like this ~ another plate looking like it came straight out of a restaurant! And it was mmm, mmmmm, good!!!

Course 6: The cheese platter with baguette bread...how I'm missing those cheeses! :(

Course 7: A frothy cheesecake/creamy dessert - not positive, but delicious!

When we finished, we were all so full I didn't see how we would ever be hungry by supper again! But then it turned out that we didn't eat supper until closer to 9-9:30 because I was running late making my meal for them...a few Korean foods I'd taken along and did my best to make. As it turned out, I think it was a good thing they had such a fine lunch!!! The Korean supper will be up next on the blog.

3 comments:

Ashlyn Heinold said...

This food is amazing...do they always cook like this? Love & Prayers!

Daveana said...

I'm so excited to find that you have a blog. I haven't caught up on it all, but I will! :) I actually have two. One for Africa and my daily one. You should definitely check out my Africa one! I hope things are going good with you all!

Love Daveana

~Kendra :) said...

MMMMmmm...that food is making me hungry! I did'nt realize Daveana had a blog. That was nice that she wrote on yours!
~Kendra :)

Who Came

Followers

Around the World