Thursday, September 25, 2008

Making "No-Bake" Cookies

A friend sent over the ingredients needed to make Jesse's favorite "No-Bake" cookies. There were a couple substitutions, however...raisins instead of prunes, and water&cinnamon mixturein place of the missing vanilla(she thought we could buy it here, but it's nowhere to be found.) Kendra and kids made these cookies while John and I had a night out. So, I'm going to let them do the telling since I wasn't here to know. I was told James was the photographer.

Hi, this is James, Jesse, and Joy telling the story of the no-bake cookies. First A. Kendra brought out the nuts, raisins, cocao, and coconut from her suitcase. Then we started chopping nuts. We all had a turn.
We got to smell the raisins and then A. Kendra let us have a taste of the raisins.

And then we measured the raisins and then all of us got to chop the raisins.

It was hard chopping the raisins. It looked funny.
Jesse opened the cocoa. We mixed it in the bowl.
We tasted the cocoa. It tasted bitter.
We mixed all the ingredients around. We all took turns. Jesse was first. Joy was second. James took the pictures.
Kendra putting away the raisins. This is after it is mixed around.
We're making the cookies. We're rolling them into balls. Then we rolled them in coconut and smashed them on the pan.

We had to be careful rolling them or else they would fall apart.
This is when we're finished. Yea!!!

No comments:

Who Came

Followers

Around the World