Monday, October 20, 2008

Haircuts! :)

Saturday & Sunday:
The guys finally got their haircuts!!! I had bought a haircutting package early on, but it did not last long or work well. So, when it couldn't hold off anymore, they all trooped down to the barbershop. And the report was, that it was not like Grandma Kinsinger's hair shop!

We girls were intrigued with the back of their hair - it was cut so short and felt all soft, funny, and fuzzy! The boys must have gotten laughing gas from supper...they couldn't hardly stand still to get the pictures taken! It was James' idea to come to attention like soldiers.


Then, Daddy took a girls' shot of us. Anyone recognize Joy's posturing??? It's got A. Kendra's influence all over it!...along with the huge grin!

After church on Sunday, I helped Joy with her cross-stitching. Then James wanted to try it out, so I got him started as well. Jesse did not want to cross-stitch...he wanted to give me a foot massage. Absolutely!!!!! So I got to relax while he did a very good job massaging my feet. When he finished, he decided he wanted to play "barber shop." Joy did too, so I find myself the "client" for the next hour getting numerous - and very interesting - hair styles!!! Once Jesse even put "stitches" in my hair! (with clips - not real thread!) What's John doing this whole time? He got a nice, long nap!!!

For supper, I tried making burnt rice soup in a new crockery bowl we bought. It was my first time to do that. After supper, we played "Hide-the-Thimble" - except we didn't have a thimble, so we used a yogurt chew candy. The kids thought it a good idea that whoever found it got to eat it! We also played "Button, button, who's got the button?" It had us all in stitches...everyone was able to guess the culprit for the first several rounds by the looks on our faces. We'll have to work on that one!!!

Well, that wraps it up for another week. Hope this finds you all well ~ and that your autumn weather is as beautiful as ours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone - I forgot to wish John a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 24th. HAPPY birthday brother!

Anonymous said...

Hi you all. I miss you all so much. and now that Kendra has left...what am I to do??? :( It looks like you are all have a wonderful time. I pray God continues to bless your lives.
Love you all,
Christy W

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! She does look like she's posing like her aunt Kendra. That's too funny.

Love,
Laura

~Kendra :) said...

I must admit...Joy does look absolutely adorable in that picture...don't you think?!
Grin!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Makes me wish I could have been there!!

Love you!!!
~Kendra :)

Who Came

Followers

Around the World