Thursday, July 9, 2009

Korea to Japan

Leaving our apartment in Wonju for the last time. We had many memorable moments together here and we left with bittersweet feelings. Excited to see new things in Japan, yet a little reluctant to leave what had become familiar over the past 16 months. The kids at least are getting very good with adjusting quickly to new environments! :)


Arriving at the airport, and our airplane with ANA airlines. They allowed more luggage than most Asian airlines do, and we were able to check in all our luggage, carry-on and all! It was one of the nicest times getting through the airport without lugging a bunch of weight along, too.


We changed over our money to yen, and then spent the last of our won on a snack before boarding. With less than a 2-hr flight, we weren't sure what kind of food would be served on board. As it was, we had no more than become airborne hardly, than the stewardesses were out serving a full course meal. When I exclaimed on this, the kids merely looked at me oddly like I had a very short memory and replied, "We had food on the airplane last time we flew, Mommy, don't you remember?" Then it was my turn to enlighten them on the flying foods practices in the U.S. And actually, since arriving in Japan, we've heard that it's even gotten worse from what I even remember. Needless to say, we certainly enjoy Asian travel! We had beebeembap and it was a great way to end our time in Korea.



Upon arriving in Japan, I made a beeline for the bathroom. Though there were several Western toilets (marked as such), there was also one marked "Japanese toilet." I couldn't help but peek, and found that sure enough, the Japanese toilet is the same as the Korean toilet. This one, though, had a nice little step up and even a handle bar. Not to mention it was one of the cleanest Asian-style toilets I've seen so far.

My last picture for this posting was the one of Carrie and I, which I've already posted below. Next time I will try to give you a virtual tour of our house with pictures.


1 comment:

Daveana said...

Yeah! I can't wait for more pictures!

Who Came

Followers

Around the World