Tokyo!
Klaus' had visitors to Tokyo, and we were invited to join them...Cheryl Herrmann and Rita Knobloch. Carrie was our tour guide for the day. Kimberly, who has been staying with the Klaus' for the summer, also came with us.
These are pictures from Tokyo's South Observatory Tower. There is a "Tokyo Tower" which is a replica of the Eiffel Tower in Paris! I tried to get a picture of it, but it was a little too foggy to catch it on film. I got to see it though!
Apparently, there are quite the signs in Japan, too!
I think it means to say, "Please take one of each."
...and you know you're in Asian-land when you see a sign like this!!! :)
We had a very good lunch together -
I find, however, that many things remind me of the States instead.
At the shopping center, we found a "concierge" of sorts dressed in kimono with a sword. We requested to take a picture with him, which he agreed to. However, the camera had no more than flashed when he took off like a flash himself! Apparently, he had left his post and we don't know if his boss had come back around or what to cause that reaction.
After shopping, we experienced Tokyo traffic to get across town to a temple and market.
There are tunnels to get anywhere in Tokyo!!! Some are short, and some are very long it's about enough to cause claustrophobia. The long tunnels have huge fans, resembling airplane engines. I wonder why?....to vacuum and pass a portion of the gas fumes out of the tunnel so one isn't aphixiated if their car breaks down inside?
This is supposedly referred to as the Olympic Flame of Tokyo....but has much to be desired, from this angle at least! The building it's attached to was built to resemble a beer mug with froth at the top. I forgot to ask what is inside the building.....
A new way of parking....there is not room to make the turn into the parking garage, so you drive onto the disc, take a short merry-go-round ride, then drive back off.
so I took some of surrounding ones instead.
This is one thing I never saw in Korea, but we saw plenty of in VietNam.
3 comments:
Hey Everyone!
I just caught up reading your blog. Looks like there has been a lot of fun and exciting things going on for you!
Daveana
Good to see pics of old friends:) I love the toilet sign - we saw those too everywhere we went and they always made us laugh! Looks like you are settling in...looking forward to reading more of your adventures:)
Liked the toilet sign. Made me laugh.
Post a Comment