Happy Birthday, John!
A belated banana-chocolate cake that Biren-san made for John. I don't believe you've met her by picture yet, for she always avoids the camera! She is the mother of Kotaro and Koshien.
The poor cheesecake didn't have enough room for all the candles
John would have needed, so we just gave him one!
(singing Happy Birthday to Daddy)
My gift to him: his very own apron.....
(sorry! that's as masculine as they come for Mr. Mom's in Japan!)
.....which he promply personalized,
and spelled my name to fit with the rest of the family.
Then came the highlight of the evening---
giving Daddy his birthday spankings!!!
He received 168 swats---I'll let you to do the math.
He played his part to the "T," to the kids' delight.
A self-portrait....pretty good, huh?
The kids' say he looks Asian in it though,
since he didn't draw the laugh lines around the eyes.
Then on Sunday, Reiko-san made him a big bowl of kaki (persimmon) jello into which we put candles and everyone sang to him again. I didn't get a picture of that.
1 comment:
I love John's new apron!! Gavin & I had a lot of fun looking at all your new posts!!
Love you!
~Kendra & Gavin :)
Post a Comment