Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rainy Day Fun!


The kids were happy it was raining (or rather sprinkling!) today so they could use our umbrellas. They are on the steps going up to our house, which is just around the corner on the right.

Family dish-washing after supper...the boys got caught up on the
drying and Jesse decided to have some fun! James joined him and went for the "serious" act before laughing so hard he couldn't keep a straight face.

Mommy grabbed the camera to snap some pictures…

...while Daddy joined the boys in the fun!

Meanwhile, Joy diligently finished her dishes. She was very excited that she got everything clean the first time through and passed the boys' inspection point.


School Update:

We just finished with one BIG day at school today! It was the best and least stressful time I've had so far in the classroom. I was not prepared, and said a desperate prayer this morning, but figured it was really my own fault and was still expecting a disaster in the classroom. How gracious God is!!! He provided me with a bright idea for a game with ABC cards which turned out to be such a success that we used the same game for the second class. I divided them into teams, gave each team a set of letter cards, and then the first team to hold up the letter I called out got a point. I had full classroom participation and attention! After the first game, it was, "One more time, one more time!!!" After the second time, they were tying for place, so I stepped it up by giving them only the sound. I realized that we'd hit a goldmine since I could use the same method for the first letter to a word, the last letter to a word, practice vowel sounds, practice blends by holding up 2 cards... I went overtime with both classes today! We had no more than finished up with my second class than the ~25 adults arrived for their first English class. It's technically John's class, but we kind of co-taught...it worked out fairly well, but we decided that we'll practice a little together before next week's class!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wanda, I think your hidden teaching skill is coming out! Sounds like it was a fun day for you and your students. Good job!

What fun pictures of doing dishes! I now have a new picture on my desktop. :-) Cherish those fun times together - they'll grow up so fast.

Love you all!
Pam

Who Came

Followers

Around the World