Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Holiday...day with friends

Today was a national holiday. No school! We slept in...then Ae-Ran came at 10:30-ish to practice English/Korean with me. She had printed off 3 sheets of American "slang" that she wanted to learn...from "I got a lemon." to "What's cooking?" & "Come clean!" to "I'm in the doghouse!" It was rather fun explaining them to her. She is going to go home and "study!" In the meanwhile, I learned more "first words" today and got tested on my letters. I did well on the consonants but need a little more practice on the vowels.

Ae-Ran told us yesterday that a woman from the school (who also
goes to the same church) wanted to come visit us today. She arrived as we were finishing our "lessons" and then took us out for lunch. It was a noodle soup with clams, potato-carrot & zucchini slivers, leeks, and kim. It was very good! Ae-Ran came with us. (She is beside me.)
The boy is the other lady's son. Her name is Han-gi-lyee. She is very nice! Her son is about James' age and they see each other at church, too, so they've gotten to know each other.

This evening we listened to a sermon on CD. It was Bro. Ron Messner from around last Thanksgiving and was a good reminder about our attitudes toward life and each other.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, Wanda, you've been busy updating this blog with news and pictures. I love, love, love the pictures! Thanks for taking time to share your life with those of us "back home". Your precious children are smiling back at me from my computer screen, since I've made the picture of them in the school hallway my desktop image. I'm so thankful that you're enjoying all your new experiences and what a blessing that God has placed wonderful, kind and Christian people there to help you and be a blessing to you.
Praise Him for His goodness and faithfulness!

We love you and miss you all!
Elliot & Pam

Who Came

Followers

Around the World