A typical day teaching at Daesan Elementary (by John, himself!):
I arrive at the classroom about 8:15ish am to begin my day. Most days I am the first to get there and my co-teacher, Jeoung Won, usually arrives by 8:30. She is surprised almost everyday that I am there and have booted up her computer for her.
Monday's -- I teach from 9:20 to 9:50 in the kindergarten class. Jesse & Joy are there so they help Daddy teach.
Then I leisurely go back to the English classroom to get ready for the next class at 10 ( 3rd grade section 1). This is probably the hardest class because they have so much energy. By the end of class both Jeuong Won and I are exhausted only to have a 10 minute break before 3rd grade section 2 comes. After that we have 3rd grade section 3. More of the same! Lunch is next at 12:20 ish. As I am coming in the kids are finishing up and going out to play. Wanda sometimes eats with them and sometimes with me. After lunch Jeuong Won and I then go back to our classroom. At 1:20 the 6th grade section 1 comes for lessons. What a relief! They are a night and day difference compared with the morning classes. My day of teaching is done at 2:00 but I remain in the school till 5.
Tuesday's -- Basically the same except I have 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th. This week there was a party at the island school. I left Wanda at the mercy of 28 1st and 2nd graders to go have fun. Ha Ha! When we got to the cement road to get across it was flooded because the tide was coming in. We had to wait for it to go down to get across safely. We had some laughs!
Wednesday's -- This day is a change from all the rest. I only have three classes of 5th graders and they are alot of fun. Wanda and I eat lunch together. Then either I travel to an island school or they come to ours. There are only 6 children with three teachers. Today is early dismissal because the teachers get together for volleyball exercise until 5. Then there is a snack which the principal or teachers provide.
Thursday's -- The only thing different on this day is that I am done teaching at 12:20 in time for lunch. Sometimes the island school kids come or Jeuong Won & I drive over there.
Friday's -- These are the same as Thursday but with different classes. All done for the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment