Friday, December 26, 2008

Leaving for France

Well, today now has been a mixture of relax & busy, visiting with friends back home plus working on last minute things for travel. Among them, I've emptied the camera so I have space to take many, many pictures in France. And I am now caught up on the blog. The most challenging task has been the damp laundry. So I figured out what I thought was an ingenuous idea in speeding up the process....

...just hang laundry over it, fry it for 10 minutes, flip it over, and cook the other side. (and I have kept a timer on so we don't burn the clothes for real!) I don't plan to use this method too often, but it's nice to know it works if I'm in a pinch. However, for today, we've all been "laundry flippers."

And, that's NOT a dirty house in the background! I'm not leaving John with a dirty house! ...it's a very clean house with the rest of the laundry trying to dry on the floor. :)

Well, John and the kids just got home from getting groceries. I think they got a bit more than was needed just for supper! Afterwards, we plan to play "Killer UNO." Tomorrow it's final packing and then I start on my way around 6am Sunday morning. I think John and the kids will be escorting me to SeoSan where I will try catching the express straight to the airport instead of juggling between 3 buses with the luggage.

I'll remind John that he knows the password to the blog so he can write about his and the children's doings while I'm gone. I would like to think that perhaps I'd get online in France and drop a line, but that will all depend on time, ability, and occasion. I will definitely blog as soon as I can when I get back to DaeSan! John gave me a diary for Christmas so I can write down everything we do in France to make sure I don't forget anything. I also have instructions to bring back French cheese for him. I don't think I'd be allowed back in the house without any!!!

A Happy and Blessed New Year to all!!!

Love ~ Wanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....too funny. Hey it works.

Love,
Laura

Who Came

Followers

Around the World