James (9 1/2) with his ever-present magnifying glass. He's also reading a lot of Sherlock right now.
We've already received some replies from our Christmas email and have been very encouraged by them. We've also "met" new friends. It’s not such a big, big world after all, is it? And it is nice to know that others have experienced similar things and still lived to tell about it!!! ...just kidding, but I truly have wondered why it’s been so difficult for me adjusting here. Usually I can handle things better than I have.
So I'd like to share a couple quotes from emails whose authors I will keep anonymous:
“We lived in Hong Kong for 2 years with our 2 daughters who were 10 and 12 at that time…I can relate to the stress issues; I believe your mind has you in a watchful, protective stance when you are in the very unfamiliar. (Does it ever!!!) However, it does get more the norm.” (Sigh! I’m so glad to hear this!)
“Oh yes, it is always Mom that has the most difficult time adjusting. Dad goes to work and is engrossed in that, children usually adapt to about anything if they have Mom around, and that leaves Mom - and stress affects women much more than men - at least with the ones I am familiar with!” (Yes, that’s it! I just didn’t know how to put it so eloquently.)
I am especially encouraged in two things – that things DO get better and that I am not alone in feeling this way!
As for the kids, they are in quite a festive mood today. I think it has something to do with the Christmas emails, the bright & beautiful day we have (about 42 degrees), and the small fact that they're on "Christmas break." Whatever it is, it's proven very contagious and all three are badly infected with it! They can hardly stand upright from all the giggling, hopping, and clowning around. I'd say "running around" but I'm not sure they could actually break into a run here in the house without breaking a bone! :) Anyway, it’s nice to hear their laughter and enjoy them enjoying life!
So I'd like to share a couple quotes from emails whose authors I will keep anonymous:
“We lived in Hong Kong for 2 years with our 2 daughters who were 10 and 12 at that time…I can relate to the stress issues; I believe your mind has you in a watchful, protective stance when you are in the very unfamiliar. (Does it ever!!!) However, it does get more the norm.” (Sigh! I’m so glad to hear this!)
“Oh yes, it is always Mom that has the most difficult time adjusting. Dad goes to work and is engrossed in that, children usually adapt to about anything if they have Mom around, and that leaves Mom - and stress affects women much more than men - at least with the ones I am familiar with!” (Yes, that’s it! I just didn’t know how to put it so eloquently.)
I am especially encouraged in two things – that things DO get better and that I am not alone in feeling this way!
As for the kids, they are in quite a festive mood today. I think it has something to do with the Christmas emails, the bright & beautiful day we have (about 42 degrees), and the small fact that they're on "Christmas break." Whatever it is, it's proven very contagious and all three are badly infected with it! They can hardly stand upright from all the giggling, hopping, and clowning around. I'd say "running around" but I'm not sure they could actually break into a run here in the house without breaking a bone! :) Anyway, it’s nice to hear their laughter and enjoy them enjoying life!
Love to all,
the Kinsinger's
I will plan to blog one last time about our Christmas caroling and Christmas Day experiences before I leave for France. After that, this blog may remain silent until my return unless John writes you all something.
May each of you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, regardless when you get to celebrate it with family...we've heard from a few of you that plans have been postponed due to the weather. May we each remember and rejoice in the reason the Baby came, the purpose of His life here on earth, and the salvation He brought to all mankind with His death & ressurection.
2 comments:
Great to see you all. I have to admit, looking at the pics made me miss you all tremendously. Wish we could afford to pay you a visit. We'll pray that we get to visit with you sometime soon. Have a great Christmas. Tell the kids they look adorable.
Donnie, Laura, & kids.
Wonderful pictures. It's great to see everyone looking so happy and I can almost hear the kids laughing and enjoying Christmas! Give them each a hug from us. We enjoyed the Christmas letter and love seeing pictures - never tire of them!
Love to you all, Elliot & Pam
Post a Comment