Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Flight

       We are in Vietnam after leaving O'Hare Monday afternoon at 12:45 and flying 13 hours  to Japan then having a 2 hour layover at the Narita Airport and then 5 more hours flying to Vietnam finally arriving at airport at 9:30 Tuesday night. I had motion sickness about half way through the first plane ride so I ended up not eating my 2nd meal that plane ride. My taste buds have changed over the past years I've been in America. Did you know that when you're on the plane they turn the main lights off or on depending what time it is in the country you're flying to, so our lights went off after our first meal (supper). I was so glad that we had a 2 hour layover in Japan and that our next flight was only 5 hours. I ended up sleeping after we went through security while we waited to board our plane. I still wasn't feeling very good so I ended up not really eating my meal on that plane. We had boarded early so we got in the air earlier. I was feeling a little better that plane ride. It was very humid when we arrived and it was night. We are actually staying in a hotel for 2 days. Then we will go to the home stay. I'm so happy that we will not be in a plane for 11 more days!

~Joy

2 comments:

Endress Family said...

What was your favorite part about flying? What was your least favorite. Hope you have a great trip!

Laura Endress

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That's too bad you weren't feeling too well on the plane, Joy! :( Hopefully the flight back will go better for you. So, my biggest question is...who got to eat the meals you didn't want?! Thanks for posting! I've been having lots of fun reading them and thinking of all the adventures you guys are having! Enjoy it!!! Love, A. Kendra

Who Came

Followers

Around the World