On Saturday I went to visit the orphanage I lived at in Anh Thi. I had no idea what it was going to be like because I had not been to it since 2002 when I got adopted at 7 months old. As we came down the road I couldn't help but look at the dirtiness and filthiness that was there. A cow stood by the gate with a calf underneath tied to a post. The director came and read our papers and then led us through the gate. We were all aware that many different people were looking at us. We found out that not only was it a orphanage but also a home for people that were mentally & physically handicapped. After the director talked to us we took the clothes and candy that we had brought with us and started distributing them to as many people as we could. We made sure to give as many clothes away as we could and not to the directer because he would not give to the people but keep and sell them to get money for himself. It was fun to see the joy and happiness as we gave candy. At one point we came across a down syndrome girl that was so exited when she saw the pretty clothes and kept hugging them and shouted when other people tried to take her clothes. Soon the suitcase was empty and candy bag too. As we got back into the van, the down-syndrome girl came and waved goodby. I am very thankful that I have good parents that brought me out of Vietnam and into America.
Written by Jesse
No comments:
Post a Comment